11.07.2012

The Call

Catch up time.

On October 6, 2012 (about a month ago), I listened to President Thomas S. Monson speak during the Saturday morning session of general conference. His words, "Today, I am pleased to announce that able, worthy young women who have the desire to serve may be recommended for missionary service beginning at age 19 instead of age 21" instantly broke me down into tears. I can't say I've ever had a moment where my "jaw dropped" before this one. This was instantly followed up by handfuls of texts from friends who were reacting to the news. Among my favorite was from Emi, "HAILEE HAILEE HAILEE YOU CAN GO NOW". I like to pretend she was excited, but really she was just relieved to get rid of me. ;)

I made an appointment with my bishop that morning, met with him the following Monday, had my papers submitted on October 21st, and received my mission call on Halloween.

To be honest with you, all of it was one crazy blur full of conviction, insecurity, excitement and absolute terror. But in the end? I am SO excited to serve. So ready. And most importantly? So incredibly grateful.

The France Paris mission has a whole lot of sass heading their way.







I have been overwhelmed by the support everyone has given me in all of this. A huge shout out is in order for my friends who drove up/down from school on a school night to be there when I opened my mission call. Words honestly cannot express how much I love and appreciate them for that. It's something I won't ever forget.


1 comment:

Ashley said...

Somehow, I didn't see this post until now. And you're very right...Paris has a whole lot of sass coming it's way. But they also have one of the greatest people in the world and one of the best testimonies I've ever heard coming to help their people. They should consider themselves lucky. :) I love you, Hailee. And I'm so proud of you!